Sunday, October 26, 2014

Vintage Style Love

I just love Vintage style.
I was making a 1940's era set on Polyvore today, and my mom came over. "Are you sure you weren't born in the wrong time period, Johanna?" She asked.
My answer? No. I'm almost totally convinced I'm a 1940's child.
Not to say I don't love modern things (in fact, I'd much rather wear my modern skirt and flip-flops than a vintage dress and lace up shoes!), but there's something intriguing about the way things were back then...

With the war going on, everyone pulled together to make things work... it was a team effort.
There were shortages in things like sugar and meat.
People knew that though they were poor in material things, they were rich in love. And that was what mattered.



Anywho, one thing I like, LOVE about that era was the styles!

I love the Coke and Diner theme for this set!

At the Fair.

I cannot get enough of this cheery collage!


Sunday Best and all the Rest.

Here's a military themed set.
Anyway, I say all that to say I'm a 40's wild child! :)

Speaking of, let's go grab a coke at the old fashioned diner down the road! You game? ;)

xo,
Johanna

No comments:

Post a Comment