Wednesday, October 8, 2014

What I Wore Wednesday- For the love of Penguins!

It was a cool morning in April, and my family was driving down to a friend's wedding, some 10 hours drive away.

As I scanned through my closet, I searched for something comfortable, yet presentable. Something, Casual and fun.

My eyes rested on this sweater that I had never worn before. It was neon yellow, with a bright penguin on the front. Not the most stylish, but yes, very comfortable.
Not the most exciting, but yes, quite casual.

I pulled it out. It was warm, which was what I needed. The only people I was planning on seeing that day was anyone working at a fast-food restaurant, so this was perfect.

I pulled out an old denim skirt from my dresser, and threw on some converse style shoes.
There it was. Today's outfit. Easy, fun, and casual, this was perfect for a day of driving.

I slept in it most of the drive. The other half was spent running around parking lots at rest stops and fast-food chains. 





 About halfway into the drive, while we were stopped at a rest stop, my sister snapped a couple photos of me. I think this was in  WV.




 It was really windy outside, so any fleeting thought that might have been given to a "good hair day" was promptly blown away! :P  Doesn't it always happen that way? :)




 These shoes are like my favorite. So comfortable, and so cute! I picked them up at Dollar General for $8! What a steal!



I got the top at Walmart for $3 on sale. It's so comfy and adorable, I just want to wear it all the time! :)

For just grabbing it out of my closet at the last minute, I think it served it purpose very well! :)


Have a great weekend, my peeps!


XO,

Johanna

No comments:

Post a Comment